November 15, 2007

I'm Just a Sentimental Old Fool

I'm a sucker for anything involving little kids. Here's the story:
This is John Gebhardt in Iraq. His wife Mindy reports that this little girl's entire family was executed. The insurgents intended on executing this little girl, too. In fact, they tried by shooting her in the head. But miraculously, this little girl lived, but is obviously suffering while her body tries to heal. She cries and moans incessantly, but John is able to calm her. The nurses where she's being treated say John's the only one she clings to. So John and this little Iraqi girl have slept for the last four nights in that chair so that she can continue to heal after her injury.
The politics of the war is one thing. Any act of love is another.

HT: Duane Patterson

3 comments:

TK said...

Oh my... Poor little thing, even wrapped up in gentle arms...

Nikki said...

You know, I think reading this post was really a rather wonderful way to begin Thanksgiving day. It reminds me that I have immensely much to thank God for, including a peaceful home, good health and loving family. I'm also grateful to find that there are people willing to bring light, love and beauty to the most grim of circumstances. Thanks.

Grumpy Old Man said...

Thank y'all for visiting.