Well, the results are in. I predict that Webb ultimately defeats the unworthy George Allen. Don't know nuthin' about Montana, though.
Although Iraq was a factor, the GOP lost more than the Democrats won. Here are some reasons:
1. Iraq, of course. Whether starting the war was right or wrong, the perception is that the Administration has lost its way.
2. Corruption, which stems from the GOP becoming the party of government (and K Street, where the lobbyists live).
4. Spending, especially earmarks.
5. All over timidity and fecklessness. Not even an attempt at entitlement reform. Weakness on judges. Obvious neglect as in the Foley case.
6. Game playing (the Schiavo case is an example).