June 24, 2007

Let's Be Clear

Michelle Malkin displays a number of photos of Iranian police brutalizing people who didn't dress or behave Islamically enough. Videos, too, which I embed sparingly because they are time-consuming to watch.

Michelle likes to display the nasty side of Islamic politics, perhaps to a fault, but the repression in Iran is real enough. So let's be clear: the régime in Iran is nasty and repressive. Recently it's become ostentatiously worse on that score, perhaps because of its economic crisis.

I've been very much opposed to war with Iran. You don't have to love the mullahs to take that view.

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I'm iffy on Malkin. She is creative though.

Bar L. said...

Hey I just saw your comment on Dr. Deb's then noticed you are in Laguna - you live at the Top of The World? I used to live up there too :)

Nice to meet another blogger from this area. I love Laguna, I miss it.

Grumpy Old Man said...

Michelle has her obsessions, not all of which I share.

But she comes up with good stuff.