September 17, 2005

Sevenses

Wifebear, of whom I have more than passing knowledge, accepted one of those blogosphere challenges.

Although she charitably tagged only
1. Any
2. One
3. Who
4. Hasn't
5. Done
6. This
7. Yet
I have risen to the bait.

7 things I plan (or would like) to do before I die:

1. Ride the Paris-Brest-Paris randonée.
2. Learn one or more of the following--Japanese, Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Cantonese, Georgian, Hungarian.
3. Learn to dance the tango argentino.
4. Visit some new places (Chichen Itzá, Georgia [in the Caucasus], Glacier Park).
5. Sing "September Song" well enough to perform it before an audience.
6. Attend my daughters' graduations and walk them down the aisle.
7. Get some help for my unbelief, or become reconciled to it.

7 things I can do:

1. Try a case to a jury.
2. Speak Portuguese and Spanish, mutter in and read French, Italian, and German.
3. Talk to four-year-olds like people.
4. Ride a century (100 miles on a bicycle).
5. Sketch.
6. Sing baritone in a chorus.
7. Bake bread from scratch.

7 things I can't do:

1. Any but the simplest task with hand tools.
2. Tolerate TV as background noise.
3. Stay up late two days in a row.
4. Climb mountains, bungee jump, sky-dive, hang-glide.
5. Suffer fools gladly.
6. Balance a checkbook.
7. Use a hula hoop.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1. Strong hands and long fingers: touch.
2. Wit.
3. Resemblance to Maillol figures.

4. A sardonic take on life, concealing a generous spirit.
5. Hair, usually dark, sometimes reddish.
6. Voice, usually on the deep side.
7. Feeds me.

7 things I say all the time:

1. "I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy."
2. "Karl Heinrich, sitz!" (to Charlie the bilingual dog).

3. "What's for dinner?"
4. "Let me check on that and I'll call you back."
5. "Where's my . . ." (fill in the blank).
6. "I apologize, Your Honor."
7. "May I see the dessert menu?"

7 celebrity crushes:

1. Sigourney Weaver2. Tonya Harding
3. Liv Tyler4. Heather Myles
5. Goldie Hawn6. Lauren Graham
7. Lauren Bacall



7 people I'd like to see do this:

1. Homer Simpson
2. My daughter Zoë
3. My sister Phoebe
4. Condi Rice
5. Anne Coulter
6. My bro-in-law Dan
7. My cuz-in-law Ronnie

No comments: