I wrote down, but didn't send him, a list of favorites (of the moment), so I thought I'd post them here:
- Movie: "The 400 Blows"
- Comic movie: "Coneheads"
- Song: "Try to Remember"
- Comedy: "You Can't Take It With You"
- Novel: "All the King's Men"
- Poet: Kenneth Rexroth
- Cuisine: Italian
- President: Calvin Coolidge
- World leader: Margaret Thatcher
- Sport: Cycling
- Spectator sport: Tennis
- Expostulation: "Sod the Frogs!"
- Biblical Quotation: "Be ye therefore wise as serpents, but harmless as doves."
- Secular Quotation: "No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."Mencken, Notes on journalism, Chicago Tribune, [19 September 1926]
- TV Quotation: "“Can’t you be a good Catholic for 15 f***ing minutes?!” (from The Sopranos).
- Comedy series: Monty Python
- Graphic artist: R. Crumb
- Painter: Richard Diebenkorn
- Sculptor: Barbara Hepworth
No links tonight. Google them yourself.
UPDATE: The Andover electronic elves have also published by capsule bio. Assiduous elves, I'd say.