May 3, 2007

The Manchurian Mormon

People such as Captain Ed are praising Mitt Romney's performance at tonight's debate. I thought he was terrible--a coiffed, suited automaton. Remove the four AAs and the man's head would flop down to his ankles. He seemed a programmed opportunist to me.

I think he's another John Connally or Phil Gramm. Corporate contributors love him, and the public just doesn't get it, and he'll end up going nowhere.

I agree with Ron Paul on many issues, but he came off as something of an old-fashioned crank. Giuliani, Tancredo and Hunter weren't bad stylistically. They were all bad on interventionism except for Paul. Tommy Thompson seemed inept. McCain was ok, but not great. The age thing is going to hurt.

It's early days. I must be a political junkie, or I would have ignored this.

1 comment:

Dr. Deb said...

Too robotic for me as well.