Not to be outdone, Hamas TV has launched a new kids' character, Assud the Rabbit, successor to Farfour the Mouse. Assud not only loves his country and hates Jews and Zionists, but promises to eat the wily bastards:
Saraa Barhoum: "Of course, Assud. We will liberate Al-Aqsa from the filth of those Zionists."
"I, Assud, Will Get Rid of the Jews, Allah Willing, and I Will Eat Them Up"
Saraa Barhoum [to girl in the audience]: "Is there anything you want to share with us?"
Girl: "Arnoub ['Rabbit']?"
Saraa Barhoum "His name is Assud ['Lion']."
Girl: "How come you are called Assud, even though you look like a rabbit?"
Assud: "Because a rabbit is not good. He's a coward. But I, Assud, will get rid of the Jews, Allah willing, and I will eat them up, Allah willing, right?
This new carnivorousness raises many questions:
- Do Jews, like rattlesnakes, taste like chicken?
- Is Assud related to the pro-apartheid rabbit that attacked Jimmy Carter?
- What if your rabbit won't eat people? Is he Brunswick stew?
- Is the flesh of a rabbit fed on pork-eating Jews halal?
- When the lion lays down with the lamb, will they be munching on clover, or Jew?